PROTECT FREIGHT FROM FREEZE
Now available to CHICAGO and to select points in CANADA.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING WITH PROTECT FREIGHT FROM FREEZE
Thermal protection for commodities with a freezing point of 32 degrees or lower.
Service available from November 1 – April 30.
Service Monday – Friday with weekend protection provided for Friday pickups.
Applies to direct next day service lanes only.
HOW WE DO IT
- Hundreds of durable pallet covers proven to withstand below zero temperatures.
- All PFF shipments are monitored 24 hours a day at the pro level to ensure they are moving and delivering timely and without delay.
- Weather conditions are closely monitored to ensure PFF shipments are prioritized for first out movement.
- Heated warm rooms throughout Ward’s Network.
Sure Temp® Reversible Pallet Cover with Black Nylon/Aluminum outer linings is our most versatile and reliable passive temperature protection pallet cover designed for LTL or FTL protection against both cold and heat.
This reversible pallet cover combines thermal efficiency for cold protection when using the heat absorbent black nylon material on the outside and reversed for heat protection when used with the reflective, reinforced pure aluminum foil on the outside.
A hollow-fiber insulating fill, available in different fill weights/lofts is also used to add thermal protection for both uses. The durable, outer black nylon and reinforced pure aluminum foil linings are designed to makes this pallet cover excellent for re-use.
HOW TO REQUEST PROTECT FREIGHT FROM FREEZE SERVICE
- Shipper must write “Protect from Freeze” or “PFF” on the bill of lading.
- Service can be requested by calling customer service, scheduling a pick-up online, or an API or EDI transmission.
VALUE-ADDED BENEFITS OF WARD’S PROTECT FREIGHT FROM FREEZE SERVICE
- Shipments highly susceptible to freezing are routed in the system to deliver ASAP!
- Shipments coded as PFF in our system are monitored throughout the day by a designated CSR.
- Email alerts are sent when extreme weather conditions occur.