To: Our Valued Customers
From: Bill Ward Jr., President
First, I hope this finds you, your employees and your company well, or at least as well as possible, while we all collectively navigate this new uncharted territory that is the COVID-19 crisis.
The Ward companies and all of our service centers are open for business. Though many states, like our home state of Pennsylvania, have recently enacted business closures to varying degrees, it does not apply to trucking and logistics, as the continued transportation of goods and supplies is a critical and necessary component of not just combatting the current situation, but of the nation’s economy as a whole.
Please know that we are vigilant in dealing with the current situation, which is affecting all of us to some degree. Some of the items we have initiated in the past several weeks include:
- All Ward associates have received training and have been educated about the virus, its prevention, and its symptoms.
- Health questionnaires have been completed by all Ward employees, in order for the company to assess information regarding potential COVID-19 risks and exposures.
- All visitors to all Ward facilities are completing such questionnaires, as well.
- Employees have been provided with additional hand sanitizer and latex gloves.
- Cleaning/sanitizing efforts of our facilities and equipment have been increased and intensified.
- Employees are to observe social distancing reaming 6-10 feet from others.
- Complete business travel restriction is in place for all Ward personnel.
Effective 18 March 2020, we will add the following steps as well:
- Inside pickup and deliveries will not be performed. Special arrangements can be made upon request.
- Customer is no longer required to sign delivery receipts.
- All employees that can work remotely are instructed to do so.
- All in person meetings will be eliminated.
Please accept my assurance that all levels of company leadership are closely monitoring this situation to best ensure the safety of both you, our valued customer, and the entire Ward team. Thank you.
Bill Ward, Jr.